Welcome to the School of Education
The UST School of Education is an innovative centre of excellence for school improvement.
The School drives up and safeguards standards across the UST community by working with each school. We provide Continuing Professional Development (CPD) opportunities for all staff working in our schools, and where needed we provide bespoke support for individual teachers as well. We also make our courses and tailored support available to other schools within our network.
Drawing support from our university Trust Partners, we use specialist skilled staff and our network of sector-leading professionals for all our work. Over the past few years we have secured additional funding through government-backed initiatives to enable us to expand our work.
The School has demonstrated a strong track record of raising student attainment and the quality of teaching by using the latest evidence-based research, providing targeted support and working collaboratively with colleagues.
Our focus is on:
- Enabling all the schools in UST and those we support to be ‘outstanding’
- Providing a comprehensive and exemplary suite of CPD courses, including high-quality Initial Teacher Training
- Sharing excellent practice through teacher-to-teacher and school-to-school support
- Using the most current research to inform all our courses, bespoke support and half-termly briefings
- Instigating and participating in new research particularly so disadvantaged children can excel in State Schools
- Identifying exceptional leaders, managers, teachers and support staff so they can coach and support others
- Creating and expanding our range of highly impactful university partnerships
By developing a culture of growth and excellence, the School of Education adds value to our greatest resource – our staff.
Please do get in touch if you would like to know more.
Directors of the School of Education